Skin Chooser

Saturday, November 20, 2004

snippets ...


One liners that i've suddenly wanted to pen down... will be adding to it with time.

"The inky black sky washed squeaky clean .. the lake regains yesterday's gleam."

"A tornado is nature's vacuum-cleaner-gone-haywire."

"Tathaasthu .. so be it."

"The tiger's eyes are like my own. But he comes from over a deep and troubled sea." (The Last Samurai)

"Welcome to Calcutta. Where the shortest distance between two points is always under construction." (The Dirty Doggy - blog)

"What is this thank-you? The lady at the bank thanks me, the librarian thanks me when I return an overdue book, the overseas operator thanks me as she tried to connect me to Dacca and fails. If I am buried in this country I will be thanked, no doubt, at my funeral." (Mr. Pirazda in Interpreter of Maladies - Jhumpa Lahiri)

- Though cynical, I found this excerpt really reflective of the true thought processes of someone who hails from a region where people dont make such an elaborate affair of being exquisitely polite.

3 Comments:

Blogger Danger in the Blog said...

Thank you ! :)

Fri Jul 01, 06:14:00 PM CDT 
Blogger RamV said...

ennada thanku ??

Fri Jul 01, 08:56:00 PM CDT 
Blogger RamV said...

et tu deepak :)

Sat Jul 02, 11:53:00 AM CDT 

Post a Comment


<< Blog Home