Skin Chooser

Saturday, August 27, 2005

Let the world change you ...


I was reading through my daily harvest of blog feeds, when I came across this review of 'The Motorcycle Diaries' by Samanth. And that triggered the sudden yearning for the haunting music that the movie has been set to. Truly amazing pieces. I've watched the movie thrice (something that I never, ever do), and listened to the background score scores of times. The music reflects the way the movie has been made. Soft, subtle, yet packed with emotion. Both leave lingering imprints on your mind. There was a time a few months back when my craze for the music bordered on addiction. It was, to me, like anybody's daily cup of coffee. Then suddenly, one day, I stopped listening to it... forgot about it. Today, when I read the review, I discovered that the craving had only been simmering beneath the surface. Discovered to my delight that, despite the obvious overdose, the spanish was not cloying but still enchantingly sweet. Lyrical syllables flowing together yet so distinct in the way each of them titillate the ear. I was reminded of the way Tolkien described the elven tongue. How he spoke of the elf song. So as I sit enthralled by the strains of 'Al otro lado del rio', allow me to become quote-happy: "Let the world change you ... and you can change the world"


PS: For those who would like a free online source for the music, the movie's website features streaming audio for a sizeable chunk of the score. Several soundtracks, in fact. Go ahead, sit back and savor it.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not seen the movie yet, probably I should... Btw, seen Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind?

Sun Aug 28, 12:05:00 PM CDT 
Blogger RamV said...

suj ... glad you liked the sounds. i could have written abt this then. but the point was ... everybody was reviewing the movie right then, and i didnt want to write something then. it wouldnt have compared well. i usually feel too incapable of writing a patient and exhaustive review of a movie.

srikanth .. i would strongly recommend this movie. you should find this very interesting. and, ill be waiting to read what you feel abt it. and no, i havent watched eternal *** heard its a good one, though.

Fri Sep 02, 01:03:00 AM CDT 

Post a Comment


<< Blog Home